We are searching for a passionate and dedicated Account Manager with a taste for future Technologies
Enter one of the most rapidly evolving and innovative fields on the planet. Join the frontline of the technological revolution and work with industry-defining solutions in the ICT and Infrastructure space.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate professional with 5-10 years of sales experience in the Business Development Manager (BDM) space. This Account Manager role, based in Cape Town, is dedicated to providing both existing and new customers with a primary contact point for management, maintenance and growth, as well as aligning internal specialist resources with opportunities and driving these to completion. The primary goal here is to ensure that the customer's business needs are successfully and efficiently met.
You need to boast strong networking skills, a taste for emerging and disruptive technologies, and have established relationships with key vendors in the IT sphere. High performance, agility, ownership and accountability are some of the ideal traits we’re looking for. You will also need to hold your own in a very competitive landscape.
You will work closely with tier 1 software vendors, and be responsible for the identification, development and closure of sales opportunities into accounts. You will manage your prospects for the entire sales life cycle - from lead generation to direct sale closure.
We require people who have a thirst for growth, relish challenges and can accurately and convincingly present customers with our cutting-edge technology solutions. You will facilitate communications between customers and cross-functional internal teams, such as technical services, software and marketing to ensure the rapid and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
● Client Relationship Management
● Customer updates on new and innovative licensing and Services offerings
● Weekly\Monthly meetings with customers
● Engage at CXO and IT Management levels
● Develop a territory plan with internal stakeholders that identifies opportunities
● Active tracking of requests and opportunities within CRM
● New Business Growth
● Understanding Licensing and Maintenance
● Ability to understand Cloud Services and opportunities they bring
● Think outside of the box, challenge the status quo and innovate, all in the interest of best of breed licensing and services opportunities
● Consultative, communicative and Selling Skills
● Strategic thinking ability
● Working within a team
● A minimum of 5-10 years related to sales experience in BDM workloads
● Services Sales
● Microsoft Licensing
● Direct Customer Engagement or Cloud Exposure
● Sales, complex sales training
Behavioural characteristics and competencies
● Strong communication and prioritisation skills
● Excellent presentation skills
● Strong documentation skills
● Strategic and tactical thinking
● Happy to work within the “grey areas” of scope and time
● Highly motivated, disciplined and ambitious
● Wanting to innovate and create value
● Willing to make tough decisions and take accountability
About First Technology
Business Transformation is the name of the game. First Technology is one of South Africa’s leading single-source providers of IT products and services. Armed with deep knowledge and an extensive skillset in the IT sphere, we help organizations evolve and streamline their business operations through industry-leading hardware and software solutions. By utilizing our broad range of skills and technologies, First Technology delivers IT products and services that support business-critical infrastructures and processes to businesses and organizations of all sizes and across every industry.
What sets First Technology Group apart is our business model.
The First Technology Group comprises an agile network of independently run companies across the three great South African hubs: Johannesburg, Cape Town and KwaZulu-Natal. With each company headquarters boasting its own board of directors, executive-level decisions are executed rapidly, and clients have direct access to any of the Directors when needed.
This distinctive business agility, combined with our corporate pricing benefits, allows us to deliver an unrivalled level of service to our customers. First Technology really is the perfect hybrid – we are uniquely positioned to offer friendly and local customer service, along with the best pricing, afforded to the biggest Tier 1 providers.
Our goal is to eliminate the pain and hassle of vendor management for our customers, allowing them to direct their focus at higher tier objectives. Additionally, our extensive network of trusted partners allows us to provide our customers with the full spectrum of IT-related solutions.
FIRST TECHNOLOGY BEE RATING:
● We have achieved a Level 1 Contributor status
● We have 51% Black Ownership
● We have 30% Black Woman Ownership
● We have achieved a Procurement Recognition Level of 135%
● We have been rated in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry's ICT Sector Codes
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.