Microsoft Office 365: Are you investing in a robust backup solution? You should be
Microsoft Office 365 is a powerful suite of products but unfortunately lacks a comprehensive backup solution for Office 365 data. But don’t worry, Veeam’s got your back. In a strong partnership with First Technology, we provide an infallible backup solution, namely Veeam Backup for Office 365.
This robust backup solution eliminates the risk of losing access and control over your Office 365 data, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams — so that your data is always protected and accessible.
In a survey that interviewed over 1000 IT professionals:
- 76% of businesses are completely unprotected from data loss
- 81% had experienced significant data loss in Office 365, either via human error or data security threats.
- 60% of sensitive cloud data is stored in Office documents, and 75% of that data is NEVER backed up.
With Office 365, it’s your data
Microsoft Office 365 enables your enterprise to work anywhere, anytime without the need
to host your own email, files and content management infrastructure. Even though Microsoft
hosts the infrastructure, this doesn’t replace your responsibility of maintaining a backup
of your business-critical Office 365 data.
With Office 365, it’s your data — you control it — and it is your responsibility to protect it.
With Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, you can:
- Protect your Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
- Quickly restore individual Office 365 items and files with industry-leading recovery flexibility
- Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 backup items
“With Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, we can take back control of our mailboxes. We can have our own off-site repository for safekeeping and we can recover lost emails with ease.” - Gary Meers, Chief Technology Officer at SaberVox
Back up Office 365 to any location — on-premises or in the cloud
Retrieve Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business
and Microsoft Teams data from a cloud-based Instance of Office 365 and uniquely back
up your data weekly, daily or as often as every five minutes in Microsoft’s native format — an
archive database based on Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), also known as the Jet Blue database
- Back up Exchange and SharePoint on-premises, reducing the impact to your data center and allowing YOU to set the frequency and timing of your backups
- Store backups in the location of your choice — including on-premises, in a hyperscale public cloud (i.e., Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services), or with a local service provider
- Protect data posted and shared with Microsoft Teams chats, files and sites, as Teams data is journaled into Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
Restore Office 365 with industry-leading recovery flexibility
Never settle for less than reliable, granular restore of Office 365 email items, SharePoint sites, documents, libraries and lists, as well as OneDrive for Business accounts, files and folders in a few simple clicks:
- Quick search and granular recovery of individual objects — including Microsoft Teams data residing in a protected copy of your Office 365 backup
- Direct restore of Office 365 items through an industry-leading number of ways, giving you ultimate restore flexibility
eDiscovery of Office 365 data
Without an easily accessible copy of your data, retrieving emails for regulatory or compliance
reasons can be costly, time-consuming and a major disruption to your business.
With Veeam, you can leverage the familiar advanced search capabilities and the flexible
recovery and export options to perform eDiscovery on Office 365 data — just as easily as you
would with a traditional on-premises data backup.
Veeam® is the leader in backup solutions that deliver Cloud Data Management™. Veeam provides a single platform for modernizing backup, accelerating hybrid cloud and securing your data. Our solutions are simple to install and run, flexible enough to fit into any environment and always reliable.
If you’re interested in learning more about Veeam’s robust backup solutions, please get in touch with Jolene Strydom on email@example.com or call us directly on 021 525 7000.