Join one of the fastest growing and most innovative fields on the planet. Enter the vanguard of the technological revolution and work with industry-defining solutions in the ICT and Infrastructure space.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate professional with 3-5 years of sales experience across ICT and Infrastructure solutions. You need to boast strong networking skills, a taste for emerging and disruptive technologies, and have established relationships with key vendors in the IT sphere. High performance, agility, ownership and accountability are some of the ideal traits we’re looking for. You will also need to be able to hold your own in a very competitive landscape.
You will work closely with tier 1 hardware and software vendors, and be responsible for the identification, development and closure of sales opportunities into accounts. You will manage your prospects for the entire sales life cycle - from lead generation to direct sale closure.
We require people who have a thirst for growth, relish challenges and can accurately and convincingly present customers with our cutting-edge technology solutions. You will facilitate communications between customers and cross-functional internal teams, such as technical services, software and marketing to ensure the rapid and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
You will need to have sales experience in some of the following fields:
● Server, Virtualisation, Hyper Converged & Storage Infrastructure
● Data Centre Networking & Security
● Backup and Archiving solutions
● Implementation and Consulting services
● Hardware and Software maintenance services
Functions and Responsibilities:
Your job tasks will include, but are not limited to:
● Focus on the achievement of your sales targets and key performance indicators
● Develop business opportunities with new customers and secure new profitable revenue
● Manage existing customer accounts (where allotted) and grow existing revenue
● Canvass for new business opportunities
● Build and maintain a knowledge of First Technology solutions and services to be able to effectively articulate to prospects at the CXO level
● Build and manage your sales pipeline and maintain client information accurately in the CRM system
● Own the sales process end to end, including preparation of quotes and proposals for solutions
● Work with Sales divisions across the First Technology and build relationships with other Business Units
● Work with customers to determine their existing and future needs whilst challenging the norm
● Liaise with support staff regarding technical aspects
● Have updated account plans for customers
● Ensure internal paperwork is correct for new sales to ensure billing/invoices are sent to the customer
● Respond to and follow up on all referrals, leads and sales enquiries in a timely manner and convert to sales
● Grow and maintain customer relationships, and develop new business opportunities
● Use First Technology resources to maximise customer satisfaction and business opportunities – this includes Marketing, Events, Presales Engagements and others
● Understand and follow key vendor processes including deal registrations, pricing enquires and engagement with vendors sales community
● Monitor and report on pipeline forecast opportunities and activities
Qualifications and Experience:
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a minimum of 3 years' Sales or Sales related experience in IT solutions and services, including:
● Lead generation
● Prospect qualification
● Pipeline building
● Objective/target achievement
● Solution Sales
● Account Management skills
The ideal candidate will also need to have these complementary skills and attributes:
● Proven sales ability to sell into new prospects and Identify opportunities for business improvement and strategic new business opportunities
● Experience in combining and presenting existing products/services into a single, targeted package for customers - in other words, creating new services or solutions
● Expert product and industry knowledge, coupled with the ability to deal with customers at all levels and translate client needs into a complete solution
● Presentation skills at CXO level
● Excellent sales skills and product knowledge
● Positive, confident approach and a hungry attitude
● Team oriented with a personality and manner
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Self-starter with strong self-motivation and hands-on approach
● Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in the Western Cape
An understanding of these topics will be highly beneficial:
● Surveillance and Analytics
● Room, Collaboration and Control Solutions
● Access Management
● Energy and Power Supply Management
About First Technology
Business Transformation is the name of the game. First Technology is one of South Africa’s leading single-source providers of IT products and services. Armed with deep knowledge and an extensive skillset in the IT sphere, we help organizations evolve and streamline their business operations through industry-leading hardware and software solutions. By utilizing our broad range of skills and technologies, First Technology delivers IT products and services that support business-critical infrastructures and processes to businesses and organizations of all sizes and across every industry.
What sets First Technology Group apart is our business model.
The First Technology Group comprises an agile network of independently run companies across the three great South African hubs: Johannesburg, Cape Town and KwaZulu-Natal. With each company headquarters boasting its own board of directors, executive-level decisions are executed rapidly, and clients have direct access to the Managing Director when needed.
This distinctive business agility, combined with our corporate pricing benefits, allows us to deliver an unrivalled level of service to our customers. First Technology really is the perfect hybrid – we are uniquely positioned to offer friendly and local customer service, along with the best pricing, afforded to the biggest Tier 1 providers.
Our goal is to eliminate the pain and hassle of vendor management for our customers, allowing them to direct their focus at higher tier objectives. Additionally, our extensive network of trusted partners allows us to provide our customers with the full spectrum of IT-related solutions.
FIRST TECHNOLOGY BEE RATING:
● We have achieved a Level 1 Contributor status
● We have 51% Black Ownership
● We have 30% Black Woman Ownership
● We have achieved a Procurement Recognition Level of 135%
● We have been rated in accordance with the Department of Trade and Industry's ICT Sector Codes
We appreciate the effort of all applicants however due to the high volume of applications; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Fairozj@firsttechnology.co.za